Our mission: To provide educational support to middle Tennessee students of all ages
Organizations Seeking A Grant
The Foundation extends grant invitations, conducts site visits and pre-review meetings, once per year, in early spring, after we have awarded our college scholarships. Grants are approved by the board in May and funds are typically distributed June through August. Funding is restricted to the same 40 Middle Tennessee counties as our scholarship.
The funding priority of the Foundation is our college scholarship program; thus limiting the available dollars for grants. Because grant funding is limited, application is by invitation only. To find out if your organization, and your specific need, meets the Foundation's education preference areas, please submit a brief, 1-page WORD document describing the project you are soliciting funding and email us through our contact us page. We will respond promptly. We want to hear from you!
- Innovation and reform initiatives
- Literacy from pre-K to adults
- Academic after school programs
- College access and success, including career exploration
- Parental engagement
The Foundation does not review unsolicited requests, and does not fund the following:
- Building and capital campaigns or debt retirement
- Legislative lobbying or other political purposes
- Sponsorships (fundraising events)